Military leaders are groomed at one of the Service Academies. Business leaders come from a variety of excellent schools. Many preachers have benefited from one of the many preaching schools across the nation. However, there is no place for a worship leader to receive formal education.
In the past few years there has been a “worship awakening.” This awakening has brought a renewed focus on exciting and dynamic worship that brings glory to God. It also brings the responsibility to train and prepare our worship leaders and ministers for the challenges they will face in worship planning and leading.
Are you a worship leader ready to take your congregation to the next level? Do you have a good understanding of the principles of music, but you’re looking for a way to expand your skills and effectiveness? Do you know the single most important thing a leader can do to improve corporate worship? Do you wish there was a group of people with diverse backgrounds that you could talk to about leading worship?
Now is your time!
WORSHIP LEADER INSTITUTE
is part of your answer.
The Worship Leader Institute was developed to help you with these questions and more. The Institute includes personalized training, classroom sessions, and practical lab work. You will learn at the feet of Keith Lancaster and guest instructors who are experts in their fields. When you have completed the coursework and return to your home congregation, you will have the tools that God can use to make a major difference in His Kingdom!
The Worship Leader Institute operates based on a clearly defined goal: Fill the tremendous need for coaching and mentoring our worship leaders by offering an opportunity to delve deeper into effective ways to lead God’s people in worship.
Students at the Worship Leader Institute receive instruction on the following topics:
- Stage Presence – How to effectively utilize your personality and available space to foster enthusiasm for worship.
- Tempo – Utilizing the varying speeds of songs to enhance the worship experience.
- Dynamics – Understanding dynamic musical changes and how they can affect your congregation.
- Transitions – The art of moving through the worship service, tying the songs, prayers, and lesson into a cohesive whole.
- Care of the Voice – Methods, advice, and tools to ensure your “instrument” will last a lifetime.
- Fixing Vocal Faults - Techniques and practical solutions for maintaining proper pitch and tone while singing.
- Worship Planning – Developing a thematic worship service that flows without interruption.
- Conflict Resolution – Effective strategies to diffuse potential conflicts that arise within an organization.
The Worship Leader Institute is a week long course.
There is homework each evening.
You must apply to be accepted to attend the Worship Leader Institute. As a part of your application package you must pass a music knowledge test, submit a video showing you leading a worship service, and be recommended by an elder or minister from your home congregation. The application and music knowledge test are available as downloads from this page.
Send your application, completed music test, a DVD of you leading worship service, and a letter of recommendation from an elder or minister from your home congregation to:
Worship Leader Institute
900 N. Dixieland Rd.
Rogers, AR 72756
Contact Person for Worship Leader Institute
mobile (615) 681-7105
If you are accepted you will receive notification via mail, along with suggested hotel accommodations and other pertinent information.
The date of Worship Leader Institute is July 29 through August 4, 2013. The cost before April 1 is $1950, and starting April 1 is $2250. There is a a deposit of $495 to hold the spot.
We are accepting applications for the next Institute to be held from July 29, 2013 through August 4, 2013. There are only a limited number of spots available in a class, so get your deposit and the filled out test in the mail to Bill Brunkhardt as soon as possible. Below you will find the application and test in individual PDF files.